This is the first post in the whole series of posts I will be writing about eco wedding ideas, inspiration and all things 'green'. So, watch this space ;)!
I've always wanted to be friendly to our environment. Being a wedding photographer, I want to inspire brides to be eco-conscious when planning their wedding. Being 'green' is more of a necessity these days then just a fashion trend. We all need to give back to our planet after taking for so long. Even tiny little things help! So, in no particular order :-) I want to share some of my findings on green wedding gifts and accessories:
- Dedicate a Tree with Woodland Trust
- you can choose to dedicate one, three or ten trees from a list of 23 woods across the UK. It'll be brilliant to know that the memory of your wedding day will live for generations to come.
The following websites can be used as an inspiration for your wedding decor and wedding gift ideas:
- Biome Lifestyle - stylish and ethical home decor and furnishings
- By Nature - there are just so many cute things here! There is practically everything you need for your family, home, garden and what not. They even sell organic flowers.
- Love Eco - how about these organic Love cushions made from recycled materials
or this absolutely gorgeous Bamboo Baby Bouquet
- each bloom is an item of baby clothing made from bamboo and organic cotton:
- Fair Gift - fair trade products from wine to stylish furniture. I found these beautiful T-light holders that can be used to decorate a wedding reception:
- MIKI Organic - stylish and contemporary design, clothing, jewellery, stationery and wall decor
I'm overwhelmed by the variety of stylish eco-friendly accessories you can get for the green wedding. I will definitely be sharing more of my findings with you!